Quark-elec QK-A033 Bi-directional NMEA 0183 Multiplexer with SeaTalk Converter
Combines up to 3 NMEA inputs with a SeaTalk bus…
Advanced filtering and routing functions for input NMEA sentences
Bi-directional USB/WiFi enables connection between navigation devices and Autopilot
Secured Online Payment Services
Optional Free Economy and Express Delivery Services
Shipping and Return Policies
The A033 gives you complete freedom to monitor, navigate and control from anywhere on board.
Simple yet sophisticated, the QK-A033 NMEA multiplexer gives you:
- Effortless combined data from multiple NMEA, SeaTalk, WiFi and USB devices.
- Convenient viewing of your combined marine data wirelessly anywhere on your boat to your chart plotter or mobile phones, tablet and laptop.
- Seamless communication with Autopilots and other NMEA devices through 2 way WiFi and USB connectivity.
- Flexible routing and filtering options.
The internal SeaTalk converter allows the A033 to listen on the SeaTalk bus and convert SeaTalk data to NMEA messages.
Typical System Configuration
Through advanced filtering and routing, the A033 NMEA enables controlled routing of data to specific outputs, blocking of excess data and overflow reduction.
Without Configuration: The multiplexer converts and combines data received on the listener ports and sends this data to all talker ports, WiFi and USB simultaneously.
Routing options: The powerful routing feature allows the NMEA, SeaTalk and WiFi input data to be routed from any input to specific outputs.
Filtering options: Each input also has a flexible filter that can be configured to pass or block specific sentences. This frees up bandwidth, significantly reducing the possibility of data overflow and resulting loss of data.
Bi-directional WiFi: 2 way WiFi and USB connectivity, the A033 allows for wireless connection to autopilots and other NMEA devices, giving you the freedom to navigate, monitor and control from your iPad, iPhone, Android tablets and other WiFi enabled devices.
Up to 4 devices can connect directly to the A033 wirelessly with no need for an access point.
The WiFi module is set for direct Ad-hoc WiFi connection as default, with no need for a router. The SSID and password can be changed through QK-A033 configuration software, increasing security and memorability. Up to 4 wireless devices can connect directly to the A033 in Ad-hoc mode.
QK-A033 can also be connected via Station mode using the Configuration software. This allows for greater range and remote access, as well as additional multi-device access.
The WiFi can be placed on standby if desired
- Simple, yet sophisticated NMEA 0183 multiplexer
- Converts Seatalk to NMEA 0183
- Multiplexer: Combines up to 3x NMEA 0183 , 1x Seatalk, WiFi and USB data
- Combined data stream can be accessed wirelessly (WiFi) or through the USB or NMEA ports
- Bi-directional USB/WiFi allows for communication with autopilots and other NMEA devices
- LED lights provide status information
More technical info
- Configurable baud rates: (4.8, 9.6, 38.4k input and output)
- Wide power supply voltage range: DC 12-35 Volts
- Compatible with Chart plotters, Windows, Mac OS X, Linux systems (Full functionality, though configuration is through a Windows application)
- Compatible with Android and iOS (All functionality excluding USB connection and Configuration)
- Galvanically isolated NMEA and SeaTalk input ports. (also called opto-isolation. Galvanically isolation prevents unwanted currents between devices, preventing equipment damage and interference with radio signals)
- Differential NMEA output with galvanically isolated protection
- Connectable to older RS232 products through optional Protocol Bridge (AS03) . For more information, read below.
FAQ – How to connect NMEA0183 RS422 to older RS232 devices.
This product uses the NMEA 0183-RS422 protocol (differential signal), however some older chart plotters or instruments may use the older NMEA-RS232 protocol (Single-ended signal).
To ensure A033 compatibility with any older NMEA0183 device, check if your device uses NMEA0183 RS422 or RS232
- NMEA0183 RS422 devices’ wiring is compatible ‘out of the box’
- NMEA0183 RS232 will require a Protocol Bridge (AS03) to connect your wiring
Connecting the A033 to an older (RS232) instrument or chartplotter is not a problem, simply order the QK-AS03 Protocol Bridge. Our Protocol Bridge (AS03) connects NMEA-RS232 wiring to MNEA0183-RS422 and vice versa, using a simple ‘Plug ‘n’ Play’ connection, with no setup or configuration needed.
You will probably need an AS03 if you are connecting to an older Garmin, Raymarine or Standard Horizon device. The easiest way to check, is to look at the input/output connections on the device that you will connect the multiplexer to. If the input/output connections on your device (Chart plotter, depth reader, etc.) have a TX, RX or GND connection, use a protocol bridge.
If in doubt contact us for advice.
- 1 x QK-A033
- 1 x USB-B cable (1m)
- 1 x Setup Guidebook