Quark-elec QK-A026+ NMEA 2000 AIS Receiver with NMEA Multiplexer + N2K Converter + WiFi + GPS
The new A026+ is an incredibly versatile device with outstanding build quality. With countless functions working seamlessly this multifaceted AIS receiver is a must have for those looking for an easy and reliable WiFi enabled solution to complex marine networks.
- AIS and GPS receiving capabilities
- Up to 50 nautical miles receiving range
- NMEA 2000 connection
- 1 x 0183 INPUT 1 x 0183 OUTPUT 1 x SeaTalk Input
- WiFi capable
- USB enabled
- A fully integrated bi-directional data converter to allow your devices to communicate together with no delay/data lag.
Secured Online Payment Services
Optional Free Economy and Express Delivery Services
Shipping and Return Policies
The A026+ is used by many commercial and retail sectors alike, including sports, leisure, fishing and vessel monitoring markets. This level of adaptability is due to not only the A026+’s solid metal enclosure and heavy duty S0239 connector but also because of its WiFi capabilities and its ease of use. The A026+ requires little to no configuration in most cases and can transmit all of your data to any WiFi enabled Android, iOS, Windows or Mac device allowing you to use navigational applications on the go.
This dynamic nature of the A026+ is what currently makes it one of the best smart solutions available on the marine market.
- Two independent receivers monitoring AIS channels and decoding both channels simultaneously
- Sensitivity up to -112 dBm@30% PER (up to 450% more sensitive than the A026)
- Up to 50 nautical miles receiving range
- SeaTalk1 to NMEA 0183 protocol converter
- NMEA 0183 message output through WiFi, USB and NMEA 0183
- Built-in GPS to provide positional data
- Multiplexing NMEA input with AIS+GPS sentences, and outputs as a seamless stream of data
- Convert the combined NMEA 0183 data into NMEA 2000 PGNs
- Ad-hoc/station/standby operating modes on WiFi
- The internal WiFi access point connects up to 4 devices simultaneously
- Plug & Play connectivity with chart plotters and PCs
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS (Initial configuration must be completed using Windows software.)
- Can connect to older RS232 products through optional Protocol Bridge (AS03). For more information, read below
The A026+ comes with a standard RS422 NMEA 0183 input. NMEA sentences from other on-board devices, like wind sensors, depth transducers, autopilots, radars, can all be multiplexed by the A026+ and then combined with internal AIS and GPS data.
The internal SeaTalk converter allows the A026+ to listen on the SeaTalk bus and convert SeaTalk data to NMEA messages. These messages then can be combined with other input NMEA data flows.
The A026+ model includes an integrated GPS module, which provides GPS data to all outputs when it is connected to a GPS antenna (TNC connection type).
The A026+ built-in NMEA 2000 converter provides a NMEA 2000 network connection. The combined data can be converted to NMEA 2000 PGNs and vice versa to USB and WiFi port. With A026+, WiFi data, USB data, NMEA 0183 input and SeaTalk1 input data can be available on new NMEA 2000 capable instruments, such as NMEA 2000 chart plotters. The WiFi and USB ports are capable of outputting the converted NMEA 2000 data while allowing users to view the raw or converted data transmitted on NMEA 2000 backbone.
When connected to an on-board PC running compatible software, or a chart plotter, the AIS data transmitted from ships within range will be displayed on the screen enabling the skipper or navigator to visualise the traffic within VHF range. Using your A026+ can enhance safety at sea by providing proximity, size and directional information from other vessels, improve safety and efficiency in navigation and help protect the marine environment.
QK-A026+ has the following connections/indicators:
- AIS antenna connector. Heavy duty SO239 VHF type connector for external antenna. An active VHF antenna splitter(e.g. QK-A015-RX ) is required if one VHF antenna is shared by QK-A026-plus and VHF voice radio.
- GPS connector. A TNC female bulkhead connector is for external GPS antenna. An integrated GPS module supplies positional data provided a GPS antenna is connected.
- WiFi connector. A SMA connector. Connectivity in both Ad-hoc and Station Modes on 802.11 b/g/n provides WiFi output of all messages. WiFi can also be disabled by setup into standby mode.
- USB connector. A type-B USB connector supplies power to the unit and also outputs the NMEA messages. It can also be used for adjusting parameters using the GUI Configuration software or upgrading the firmware.
- NMEA 0183 output connectors. A026+ can be connected to other AIS compatible equipment, like wind/depth or heading sensors, via the NMEA inputs. The NMEA 0183 messages from these devices can be multiplexed with AIS+GPS messages and then sent out through the NMEA 0183 output, WiFi, USB and NMEA 2000 backbone to a chart plotter or other on-board device.
- NMEA 2000. The A026+ is pre-fitted with a five-core screened cable for the NMEA 2000 connection, fitted with a male micro-fit connector. Simply connect the cable to the network backbone using a T-piece connector. An NMEA 2000 backbone always requires two termination resistors, one at each end.
FAQ – How to connect NMEA0183 RS422 to older RS232 devices.
This product uses the NMEA 0183-RS422 protocol (differential signal), however some older chart plotters or instruments may use the older NMEA-RS232 protocol (Single-ended signal).
To ensure A026+ compatibility with any older NMEA0183 device, check if your device uses NMEA0183 RS422 or RS232
- NMEA0183 RS422 devices’ wiring is compatible ‘out of the box’
- NMEA0183 RS232 will require a Protocol Bridge (AS03) to connect your wiring
Connecting the A026+ to an older (RS232) instrument or chartplotter is not a problem, simply order the QK-AS03 Protocol Bridge. Our QK-AS03 Protocol Bridge connects NMEA-RS232 wiring to MNEA0183-RS422 and vice versa, using a simple ‘Plug ‘n’ Play’ connection, with no setup or configuration needed.
You will probably need an AS03 if you are connecting to an older Garmin, Raymarine or Standard Horizon device. The easiest way to check is to look at the input/output connections on the device that you will connect the multiplexer to. If the input/output connections on your device (Chart plotter, depth reader, etc.) have a TX, RX or GND connection, use a protocol bridge.
If in doubt contact us for advice.
- 1 x QK-A026+
- 1 x USB cable
- 1 x 1m NMEA 2000 drop cable
- 1 x CD containing Manuals, Configuration Software and drivers
- 1 x Setup Guidebook
- 1 x WiFi antenna
A product CD is no longer included with this item as standard... Manuals, Configuration Software and Drivers can be downloaded from the Quark-elec website
Help and Support
For any technical questions regarding this product, you can visit the forum at https://www.quark-elec.com/forum/ and ask us your question, it’s regularly checked by the Quark technical team and your question may already have been answered there.
Alternatively, contact us directly, with details of your set up and we will be happy to help.