Quark QK-A032 NMEA 2000/0183 Bi-directional Gateway + USB + WiFi
- NMEA 2000® certified product
- Connects and converts NMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 and vice versa
- WiFi access to your combined data both with or without a router
- USB connection and compatible with Android, iOS, Windows and Linux.
- From 10th Jan 2022, all A032-S will be upgraded to A032-AIS (support AIS sentences) for free and we will only keep one variation in stock. A032-AIS will be simply named A032.
Secured Online Payment Services
Optional Free Economy and Express Delivery Services
Shipping and Return Policies
The QK-A032 NMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 bi-directional gateway provides straight forward connection of NMEA 0183 equipment to NMEA 2000 networks and vice versa. This A032-AIS model includes AIS message conversions.
The Bi-directional gateway will let you:
- Connect NMEA 0183 equipment to your NMEA 2000 bus
- Convert NMEA protocols in both directions, 0183 to 2000 and 2000 to 0183
- View the combined data through a chart plotter or USB and WiFi to your laptop, tablet or smart phone
Connect NMEA 0183 equipment to the high-speed world of N2K networking. Cross-protocol connectivity and conversions allows you to use both NMEA protocols on your boat.
Full conversion list in the manual.
Unlike most other N2K gateways on the market whose AIS versions drop other functionality, the A032-AIS converts ALL the messages of the standard version, plus AIS messages.
- Converts the most common NMEA 0183 sentences into NMEA 2000 PGNs
- Converts the most common NMEA 2000 PGNs into NMEA 0183 sentences
- WiFi/USB NMEA messages output
- Pre-fitted cables for ease of installation
- WiFi supports ad-hoc and station mode (connects wirelessly ‘peer to peer’ without a router or through a router to all connected devices)
- Configurable baud rate (default baud rate is set to 38400bps, but configurable using configuration software)
- Galvanic opto-isolation on NMEA 0183 input and NMEA 2000 bus connection
- Free firmware updates provided when new features and conversions are added
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS iPhone through USB OTG (configuration and updates require a Windows PC with USB port)
- Can also connect to older RS232 products through optional Protocol Bridge (AS03). For more information, read below
Check the table in the manual for the sentences/PNGs that your equipment requires.
FAQ – How to connect NMEA0183 RS422 to older RS232 devices.
This product uses the NMEA 0183-RS422 protocol (differential signal), however some older chart plotters or instruments may use the older NMEA-RS232 protocol (single-ended signal).
To ensure A032 compatibility with any older NMEA0183 device, check if your device uses NMEA0183 RS422 or RS232
- NMEA0183 RS422 devices’ wiring is compatible ‘out of the box’
- NMEA0183 RS232 will require a Protocol Bridge (AS03) to connect your wiring
Connecting the A032 to an older (RS232) instrument or chart plotter is not a problem, simply order the QK-AS03 Protocol Bridge. Our QK-AS03 Protocol Bridge connects NMEA-RS232 wiring to MNEA0183-RS422 and vice versa, using a simple ‘plug ‘n’ play’ connection, with no setup or configuration needed.
You will probably need an AS03 if you are connecting to an older Garmin, Raymarine or Standard Horizon device. The easiest way to check is to look at the input/output connections on the device that you will connect the multiplexer to. If the input/output connections on your device (chart plotter, depth reader, etc.) have a TX, RX or GND connection, use a protocol bridge.
If in doubt contact us for advice.
In the box:
- 1 x QK-A032
- 1 x USB cable (not pictured)
- 1 x CD containing manuals, configuration software and drivers
- 1 x setup guidebook
This product now includes a dual-band WiFi antenna (AS05) as standard.
Help and Support
For any technical questions regarding this product, you can visit the forum at https://www.quark-elec.com/forum/ and ask your question, it’s regularly checked by the Quark technical team and your question may already have been answered there.
Alternatively, contact us directly, with details of your set up and we will be happy to help.